Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jet setting

OK...So, I'm really behind! Can you believe we've been literally been across the US (to Alaska and Florida) since I blogged last?
Alaska was AWESOME!




We took a 7 day cruise from Vancouver to Seward, then drove to Anchorage to drive home. This has been a dream of mine for years. When my husband asked what I wanted to do for my 40th birthday, this was at the top of my list. I never dreamed we would be able to take the girls, but because of a cruise line special, the 3rd and 4th passenger in the cabin were FREE! Of course, I had to make it a super cool field trip after a 6 weeks unit study on Alaska.

Less than 6 weeks later we headed to Florida for our standard annual vacation at the beach with my husband's family. Several families rent condos and spend a week at the beach. 25 relations gathered around a dinner table at a local restaurant is a sight to behold. What a great opportunity to have these kids grow up knowing each other and their older relatives.


Lots going on "schoolwise." I'll try to get to that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment